Physical Activity and Public Health, M.P.H.
- Students will be able to explain the physiological responses to an acute bout of exercise and the physiological adaptations to chronic aerobic and resistance exercise.
- Students will be able to explain the health effects of physical activity and the scientific basis for current public health physical activity guidelines for persons in varying demographic groups.
- Students will be able to apply evidence-based strategies to develop a physical activity intervention.
- Students will be able to evaluate an evidence-based physical activity intervention.
- Students will be able to differentiate among and appropriately use measurement and surveillance techniques to assess physical activity at the population level.
Degree Requirements (45 Hours)
|PUBH 725||Quantitative Methods for Public Health Practice||5|
|PUBH 726||Qualitative Methods for Public Health Practice||3|
|PUBH 730||Public Health Systems, Policy, and Leadership||3|
|PUBH 735||Practical Applications of Public Health Planning||4|
|PUBH 678||Transforming Health Care for the Future||1|
|EXSC 780||Physiology of Exercise||3|
|EXSC 700||Physical Activity and Health: Epidemiology, Research and Practice||3|
|EXSC 710||Behavioral Aspects of Physical Activity||3|
|EXSC 754||Community-Based Physical Activity Interventions||3|
|HPEB 710||Evaluation of Health Promotion Programs||3|
|EXSC 732||Measurement of Body Composition and Associated Health Behaviors||3|
|EXSC 796||MPH Capstone Course||2|
|EXSC 797||Public Health Practice||6|
|Select an elective||3|
|Total Credit Hours||45|