Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, M.S.N.
Requirements for Earning the M.S.N. Degree Include the Following
- completion of an approved program of study;
- completion of an applied research course, NURS 791 (3), or a thesis, NURS 799 (6);
- a GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) on all courses attempted for graduate credit and all courses numbered 700 and above;
- a GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) an all courses on the approved program of study;
- and passing a comprehensive assessment during the last semester of the program.
Total program 47-50 credit hours.
|NURS 700||Theoretical and Conceptual Foundation for Nursing||3|
|NURS 720||Clinical Application of Population Analysis||3|
|NURS 717||Application of Basic Statistics for Nursing Practice & Service Management||3|
|NURS 790||Research Methods for Nursing||3|
|NURS 791||Seminar in Clinical Nursing Research||3-6|
|or NURS 799||Thesis Preparation|
|NURS 702||Pharmacologic Mgmt in Pediatric, Adult, & Gerontological Patients Across Hlthcare Delivery Continuum||3|
|NURS 704||Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning 1||3|
|NURS 707||Advanced Pathophysiology for Nurses||3|
|NURS 718||Diagnostic Interpretation and Therapeutic Modalities||3|
|NURS 761||Neuroscientific Basis for Pharmacological & Nonpharmacological Treatments for Psychiatric Conditions||4|
|NURS 763||Advanced Psychiatric Nurse Practicum I: Management of Psychiatric/Mental Health Conditions 2||6|
|NURS 764||Advanced Psychiatric Nurse Practicum II: Management of Complex Psychiatric/Mental Health Conditions 2||6|
|NURS 768||Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner: Legal, Ethical, and Role Transition||2|
|NURS 768A||Advanced Psychiatric Nurse Practicum III: Role Development 2||2|
|Total Credit Hours||47-50|
Indicates on campus immersion course.
Indicates practicum course.