Nursing Education, Certificate
The program’s curriculum is designed to prepare professional nurses to enter educational roles and work within both colleges and universities as well as hospital systems. Graduates of the program may be eligible to sit for certification examination as a nurse educator.
Requirements for earning the Certificate include:
- Completion of an approved program of study;
- A GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) on all courses attempted for graduate credit and all courses numbered 700 and above;
- A GPA of a 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) on all courses on the approved program of study
- Minimum 18 Hours for students already certified for advanced practice nursing who need to obtain additional certification.
At the conclusion of the program, students will be able to:
- Apply theoretical knowledge to the practice of advanced nursing roles.
- Utilize evidence to address population health problems.
- Demonstrate professionalism at the advanced nursing level in the clinical setting.
- Pursue quality, effectiveness, and innovation in shared leadership of interprofessional health teams.
The Nursing Education, Certificate program offers two entry points for students:
- M.S.N. certified as an APRN
- M.S.N. not certified as Advanced Practice Nurse
|NURS 707||Advanced Pathophysiology for Nurses 1||3|
|NURS 702||Pharmacologic Mgmt in Pediatric, Adult, & Gerontological Patients Across Hlthcare Delivery Continuum 1||3|
|NURS 704||Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning 1, 2||3|
|NURS 710||Role of the Nurse Educator||3|
|NURS 724||Education in Nursing||3|
|NURS 725||Education: Curriculum and Evaluation||3|
|NURS 727||Teaching Practicum in Nursing 3||3|
|NURS 739||Online Instruction and Technology in Nursing Education||3|
|NURS 743||Advanced Nursing Practicum for the Educator 3||3|
|Total Credit Hours||27|
Students pursuing the Certificate of Graduate Study in Nursing Education who demonstrate formal education in one or all of these courses may not be required to take one or all of the courses. Determination will be done after admission via Gap Analysis.
Indicates on campus immersion course.
Indicates practicum course.