Adult Gerontology-Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, M.S.N.
The Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program (AGACNP) prepares registered nurses to provide direct patient management in acute and complex care settings. Graduates are employed in a variety of acute care settings ranging from critical care, trauma, cardiology, pulmonary, nephrology, gastroenterology, and surgery.
This curriculum prepares nurses to sit for national certification as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner.
- Apply theoretical knowledge to the practice of advanced nursing roles.
- Utilize evidence to address population health problems.
- Demonstrate professionalism at the advanced nursing level in the clinical setting.
- Pursue quality, effectiveness, and innovation in shared leadership of interprofessional health teams.
Requirements for Earning the M.S.N. Degree Include the Following
- Completion of an approved program of study;
- Completion of an applied research course, NURS 791, or a thesis, NURS 799;
- A GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) on all courses attempted for graduate credit and all courses numbered 700 and above;
- A GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) on all courses on the approved program of study;
- Passing a comprehensive assessment during the last semester of the program.
(Total program 46-49 credit hours)
|NURS 700||Theoretical and Conceptual Foundation for Nursing||3|
|NURS 702||Pharmacologic Mgmt in Pediatric, Adult, & Gerontological Patients Across Hlthcare Delivery Continuum||3|
|NURS 704||Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning *||3|
|NURS 707||Advanced Pathophysiology for Nurses||3|
|NURS 717||Application of Basic Statistics for Nursing Practice & Service Management||3|
|NURS 718||Diagnostic Interpretation and Therapeutic Modalities||3|
|NURS 720||Clinical Application of Population Analysis||3|
|NURS 772||Introduction of Acute Care Adult and Geronotological Health Problems||3|
|NURS 773||Principles of Acute Care Adult and Geronotological Health Problems I *||6|
|NURS 774||Principals of Acute Care Adult and Gerontological Complex Health Problems II *+||6|
|NURS 778||Advanced Practice Role: Adult Gerontology Acute Care NP (AGACNP)||2|
|NURS 778A||Practicum of Advanced Practice Role: Adult Gerontology Acute Care NP (AGACNP) *||2|
|NURS 790||Research Methods for Nursing||3|
|NURS 791||Seminar in Clinical Nursing Research||3-6|
|or NURS 799||Thesis Preparation|
|Total Credit Hours||46-49|
Indicates courses with practicum hours.
Indicates course on-campus immersion.