Art Studio, M.A.
- All MA Studio Art graduate students will explore the development of art, within their own and other cultures, from pre-history to the present.
- All MA Studio Art graduate students will critically analyze aspects of the design and art making process and evaluate theories, philosophies, and research in the practice of the studio arts.
- All MA Studio Art graduate students will, through their artwork, demonstrate their competency of aesthetic literacy.
- All MA Studio Art graduate students will identify the processes, techniques, materials and technologies of art as they pertain to the areas of studio, media arts, and art education.
- Online Application to the Graduate School
- Official Transcripts
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (at least one must be from a professor)
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Personal Statement
- Portfolio: Please upload a digital portfolio of 20 images of recent work and an identifying list of works, as a single .pdf document
Degree Requirements (30 Hours)
The Master of Arts degree with a major in studio art consists of 30 hours of graduate credit, including a thesis. Programs of study must include a minimum of 15 hours of graduate-level course work in art studio. A minimum of 9 hours of electives may be taken in art education, studio art, art history, or other disciplines. A comprehensive exam and a defense of one’s thesis are also required.