Business Administration, A.M.B.A
This is an archived copy of the 2020-2021 bulletin. To access the most recent version of the bulletin, please visit https://academicbulletins.sc.edu.
The Accelerated M.B.A offers a rigorous twelve month program of graduate business study. The program must be taken on a full-time basis, with classes beginning each June and concluding the following June. Students complete at least 41 credit hours of graduate course work that is split between required core courses and student selected electives.
- Our students will be able to appropriately use concepts and frameworks to analyze and evaluate business decisions that encompass ethical, analytical, and culturally sensitive dimensions within an organizational context.
- Our students will be able to analyze business situations and make decisions that demonstrate understanding through the use of cultural and ethical frameworks.
- Our students will appropriately evaluate and integrate concepts and frameworks articulated in core functional areas of business and within the international business arena.
- Our students will be able to evaluate and solve in-depth business problems using concepts and frameworks within at least one functional area of business.
- Our students will demonstrate effective verbal and written communications.
Requirements for admission to the program conform to the general regulations of The Graduate School and the accreditation standards of AACSB International-the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Applicants submit the official graduate application, an official transcript of their complete academic record, and satisfactory scores on the GMAT or GRE. At least two years of meaningful work experience is expected.
International applicants whose native language is not English are also required to submit a satisfactory score on the TOEFL or the IELTS Intl. Academic Course Type 2 exam. Otherwise-qualified candidates are required to achieve a TOEFL score of at least iBT 100 or 600 paper-based or a score of at least 7.0 on the IELTS exam. The TOEFL is not required of international students who have a degree from an American college or university. Graduates of foreign universities or colleges who have completed an academic program equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. institution are encouraged to apply for admission.
Please visit the Darla Moore School of Business website for admissions information.
Degree Requirements (41 Hours)
AMBA candidates will complete a 41-credit-hour curriculum as follows:
Business Foundations Core (12 Hours Minimum)
|DMSB 710||Financial Accounting in the Global Environment||2-3|
|DMSB 712||Quantitative Methods in Business||2-3|
|DMSB 713||Global Economics||3|
|DMSB 717||Management Accounting in the Global Environment||2-3|
|MGSC 777||Advanced Quantitative Methods in Business||3|
|Total Credit Hours||12-15|
Functional Core (11 Hours Minimum)
|DMSB 711||Global Strategic Management I||2-3|
|DMSB 715||Global Finance||3|
|DMSB 716||Global Marketing Management||3|
|DMSB 718||Global Supply Chain and Operations Management||3|
|DMSB 723||Leading Teams and Organizations||2-3|
|Total Credit Hours||13-15|
Electives (18 Hours Minimum)
- These electives are chosen from the list of approved elective offerings of the Moore School of Business. Individual departments may require specific electives to be taken in order to fulfill requirements for identified specializations.